Cement Maxi bricks go through the same process as a common cement brick except that the mould is bigger creating a different size product. This product is used in construction creating load bearing walls that do not have to be two bricks wide or 225mm, it is allowable to have these walls at 150mm wide requiring only a single skin of these maxi bricks. The labour saving in the construction uses with this product is substantial as would be the cement and building sand used. All walls are structurally sound with this product and it meets the construction standards as set. For the inner walls, a product called a maxi inner is used which ties into the outer layer perfectly. The maxi inner is a singly brick width and the same height and thickness of a maxi brick.
Brick size: 290mm x 140mm x 90mm
Average weight: Approx. 5kg
MAXI INNER BRICKS / MINI MAXI
Commonly used with Maxi bricks and as mentioned allows the walls to be tied in together perfectly.
Brick size: 290mm x 90mm x 90mm
Average weight: Approx. 4kg
Why use a cement brick, maxi or block:
- Various strength factors available
- Uniform size and shape in various categories.
- Competitive and affordable pricing.
- Great for plastering applications as the rough surface ensures a good hold
- Long lasting durable product.
- Lighter in weight than the clay counterpart.
- Consistency in class of product.