When applying wood sealers the following basics will help you achieve the best results:
• Use as large a brush as possible.
• It pays to buy a good brush with long bristles.
• Only use a brush that has been thoroughly ceaned.
• Never thin the first coat or any other coats.
• Do not overload the brush, only dip the tip of the brush into the sealer.
• It is better to use a number of thin well laid on applications than 1 thick coating.
• Always work with the grain of the wood.
• Always work away from an edge of the wood & not into it.
• Always apply 3 coats per instructions.